Hobie Kayak Fishing Series – Since 2008
Join us for an exhilarating Hobie kayak fishing competition that celebrates camaraderie and sportsmanship. With multiple divisions, generous cash payouts, exciting prize packs, Angler of the Year points, and an opportunity to travel the world – this is the fishing series you won’t want to miss.
Not only will you have a chance to win big, but you’ll also make lifelong memories and forge new friendships within the fishing community. The spirit of sportsmanship and the thrill of the competition make this event truly special.
- Master’s (60 years and over) *
- Youth (16 through under 18 years) *
- First Timers **
* Masters (60 or over) and Youth (aged 16 Years) receive a $50 discount for On-Time entries during checkout.
** First time entrant discounts are only eligible for 1 (one) event in any Hobie Kayak Fishing Series.
Generous Cash Payouts & Prizes
Cash payouts: In a 50 plus angler field cash payouts will be made from 1st to 10th place. In a 49 or less angler field cash payout will be made from 1st to 5th.
Prize packs: In a 50 plus angler field, prizes shall be from 1st to 10th place in the Open Division. In a 49 or less angler field, prize packs shall be awarded to 1st to 5th place only in the Open Division. A Prize Pack is awarded to the winner of each non-Open Division for each round.
Atomic Big Bream
A $100 prize for the biggest bream of the tournament gets awarded at each Hobie Kayak Fishing Series bream event and shall be known as the Atomic Big Bream.
Angler of the Year (AOY)
- Hobie Kayak Fishing Series Australian Championship places are allocated through Hobie Kayak Fishing Series qualifying bream rounds, Angler of the Year (AOY), and the Tournament Organiser’s discretion.
- The Australian Hobie World Championship Team positions shall be awarded to the anglers from with highest Angler of the Year (AOY) Points at the end of the Hobie Kayak Fishing Series.
Camaraderie and Sportsmanship
All contestants are asked to follow high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, conservation, and to conduct themselves in a manner that shall be a credit to themselves, to Hobie Fishing, and to Hobie Fishing’s sponsors.
HOW TO ENTER
To enter any of our Hobie Fishing competitions, please follow these two simple steps:
1. Hobie Membership Club
Register for a Hobie Membership Club Number – if you are not a Club Member please register now. It’s free and it’s instant.
The unique Hobie Membership Club Number is used to assign angler’s points to the Angler of the Year (AOY) report. For your AOY points to be correctly allocated to you, you shall ensure the correct number is entered into your entry forms.