The Rounds have been fought and won and now the countries top kayak anglers will close out the series on Queensland’s Lake Macdonald in the Hobie® Kayak Bass Series Grand Final presented by Daiwa.
Invitations have gone out have gone out and entries are now being confirmed. Qualifiers and rankings based wildcards have until October 3rd to confirm their entry before bumps begin being issued.
The resulting 25 of the countries best kayak anglers will descend on Lake Macdonald, Queensland, pumped up and ready to rumble on one of the countries favourite Bass fisheries.
Just 15 minutes inland from the iconic Queensland tourist destination of Noosa, Lake Macdonald has a surface area of 260ha and an average depth of 6m. The lake is well stocked with numerous species of fish but most importantly among them are plenty of Australian Bass the target species for the grand final.
Steve Fields, Tournament Director and Managing Director at Hobie Cat® Australasia had this to say about the competition and the location. “The Hobie Kayak Bass Series is a truly unique series. Catch, Photo, Release (CPR) tournament fishing at its very best, it’s a series that allows kayak anglers to challenge their abilities in an incredibly competitive series and to do so on a national stage. With the Grand Final now confirmed for Queensland’s Lake Macdonald, the opportunity to showcase some of the country’s best kayak bass fishing is the very exciting culmination of a lot of hard work”.
Grand finalists will compete in identically rigged Hobie Mirage Pro Angler 14’s propelled by Hobie’s patented MirageDrive® and fitted with supporting sponsor products. The boats are all supplied brand new direct from the Hobie Cat factory. This gives qualifiers who won places through tournament successes and anglers who were awarded places based on their current tournament standing, the opportunity to come from all over Australia, with the minimum of equipment and compete on a level playing field against the sport’s elite.
The countdown is on!
- Lake Macdonald, QLD.
- Lowrance Navigation Day:
- Friday 24th October.Anglers are allowed on the water in the grand final kayaks between 10:00am – 2:00pm. No angler is allowed on the water on Friday outside these times.Navigation is so the anglers can familiarise themselves with the kayak they will be fishing out of for the event. There is strictly NO fishing at Lake Macdonlad on Friday 24th of October.
- 24th October from 5:00pm till 5:30pm.Bring your Type 1 PFD and your current Queensland Stocked Impoundment Permit to the registration for inspection by the Event Staff.
- 5:30pm Friday. It is mandatory to attend the briefing.
- Registration and Briefing Location
- Lake Macdonald Park, Lake Macdonald Drive, Cooroy.